Saturday 27 April 2013

Meet and Greet and APD1



The waiting was over! On Thursday morning, me and my parents flew down to Southampton to get my new career underway. We got to Nursling to pick up the keys to my accommodation at about 11am and headed into the New Forest, my new home for the next 6 months of groundschool. A few of my new coursemates were already here and after unpacking we had to be back at Nursling for uniform fitting (got the pilot’s uniform at last!) and the meet and greet, which is basically just getting all the information about the course, mainly for the parents. My accommodation is really nice, I have two things I was not expecting before starting, an ensuite and a double bed! 

The grounds of my new home! 


My Epaulettes!



We got back to Nursling for 2.30pm and thankfully my uniform fitted first time. We then had a presentation by CTC and we got presented with our epaulettes, just to complete the uniform! We also got given our flight bags with all the instruments we will need for ground school, before heading back to our accommodation to chill out and head to the pub!
















Yesterday was APD1 or Airline Preparation Day 1. It was a day to get to know more about the people on my CP, have a few ice breaker exercises and also some information about our selection day feedback. It was a long but quite enjoyable day, which was made even better when we got to fly the Airbus A320 simulator! I did a takeoff and landing at EGNX (East Midlands) and I actually managed to land on the runway!
2 of the full motion A320 sims 
Last night CP107 headed out into Southampton and had a great night, making the most of our free time this weekend before all the hard work starts on Monday, which my next blog post will probably highlight.
Bye for now!  

No comments:

Post a Comment