Monday 4 November 2013

New Zealand Life Begins!

Hello from New Zealand! Sorry for the lack of posts over the past couple of weeks but everything has happened pretty quickly and I’m finally in New Zealand! We got our exam results a week ago and I managed to pass all but one of my module 2 exams. It was quite a tough exam and a few of us found it difficult but it just means I have to re sit it in February next year out here.

We got an email on Monday last week telling us we would be coming out here on Wednesday 30th October. It was a bit of a rush to get everything packed and sorted for eight months away from home. It was a very long journey to Auckland from London and we all arrived very tired and ready for a good nights sleep! I’m staying near the airport in Clearways which is a really nice environment to be in, we are staying in one of the new blocks that were just finished three weeks ago so everything is brand new! We went out on Saturday to buy some essentials and to check out Hamilton itself which is a really nice city.
Emirates A380 to take us to Dubai! 


My view for the next 14 hours to Sydney and Auckland 



First NZ sunset 

Hamilton

Today was our first day back in uniform, but this time on the other side of the world! We had our orientation and then this afternoon started study for two exams we have to sit before we can start flying – The New Zealand differences exam and New Zealand Air Law. We have the differences exam on Wednesday and then Air Law next Tuesday – wish me luck! I also found out that I will be flying the Diamond DA20 for the single engine phase which I’m really pleased about; we will hopefully start flying at the end of next week. I can't wait to start all of the flying! 

Bye for now... 

No comments:

Post a Comment